Stop by From This Side of the Pond and visit Joyce and the other Hodgepodgers.
1. It’s fall. Y’all. My favorite season of the year! What’s something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it’s officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-‘y’all’?
Going to the apple orchard, pumpkin patch or a corn maze makes it feel officially like fall to me. Once in a while y’all comes out of my mouth but not so much with a southern slang. It’s just because I talk fast.
2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved?
It’s been a while, thankfully.
3. A song you love with the word ‘fall’ in it’s title?
“Skyfall” by Adele.
4. What’s something you’ve recently let ‘fall by the wayside?’
Knitting and crocheting. I haven’t done any for quite a while. I miss it.
5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way?
The last book I read wasn’t all that good. Although, I didn’t really have any expectations because it wasn’t one I picked out, someone gave it to me to read.
6. Describe a time you said or thought, ‘The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.”
I rarely use that expression but there are many times one of my kids reminds me of my husband or myself.
7. Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not?
Yes, because I wasn’t as tired today. Amazing how getting to bed at a decent hour makes a world of difference. Who would have thought?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
All summer, we’ve had a cat or cats that roam our yard at night and meow loudly. The meowing makes my dogs bark, which in turn wakes everyone up in the house. **No bitterness there.** Anyway, we just started putting food and water out in the driveway to see if we would see it. And we have. And it eats the food every time we put it out. Twice a day now.
This morning it was out when we were leaving the house. It won’t come up to us but I’m hoping I can gain it’s trust with the food and eventually with treats. I’m assuming it’s a stray because it always seems to be out. Hopefully, I can catch it before winter and either try to find it’s owner or find a home for it.
Or maybe we’ll end up with a cat?
Thank you, Great Spirit.